The bathroom is a highly functional space, one where great organization is needed to boost efficiency and create a clean look. That doesn’t mean, however, that your bathroom can’t have style, too. Just ask yourself: How often do guests use my bathroom during their visits? Probably more often than not, so when they do stop by, you want your bathroom to impress. Additionally, it’s important that you feel good in your home. People often skimp on decor in their bathroom, thinking that a pleasing environment is necessary only in the living room or bedroom. In reality, though, a decorative bathroom can enhance the entire home.
Design a bathroom that combines organization and style to create a space that is clutter-free and aesthetically pleasing. These seven accessories are essential for achieving a tidy, beautiful bathroom.
1. An Eye-Catching Shower Curtain: Decorating a bathroom can be tricky, as you don’t want to crowd precious counter space with useless accessories. A stunning curtain featuring a bright color or interesting pattern adds style without sacrificing functionality.
2. Drawer Organizers: Hair ties, brushes, toothpaste, contacts…you need to stuff a lot of miscellaneous items into your bathroom drawers. Drawer organizers can help you keep like items together, making them easier to find.
3. Decorative Towels: Similar to the shower curtain, towels can be a great way to add style to your bathroom. Choose a color and/or design that suites your taste, and instead of storing them in a closet, hang one or two in the bathroom to serve as decor.
4. Shower Organization: When you’re running late in the morning, an efficient system can feel like a life saver. Keep all of your soap, shampoo and other products in one place with a shower basket so you can reduce the amount of time you spend getting ready.
5. Superior Lighting: Great lighting can prevent makeup mishaps as well as headaches. If you can, let in as much natural light as possible and use ambient lighting to set a soothing tone.
6. Tickle Tray: If you use bar soap, you know how frustrating it can be to clean up the soap scum each week. Use the trickle tray to reduce mess and keep your counter tops looking great.
7. Soothing Decor: Lastly, soothing decor can help you create a spa-like environment in your bathroom. Light up a scented candle and add a plant or two to design a more peaceful space.