Signs, signs, everywhere are signs — but not so much in residential bathrooms. It’s time to take a fresh approach when decorating bathrooms, and signs can be the perfect way to add personality and style without taking up precious space. Need inspiration? We’ve got you covered.
Vintage bathroom signs
For those who love the retro look, a sign with a vintage vibe is ideal. Worn wood, chipped paint and patina on metal are all features that add character to stunning vintage signs. Some fun examples include:
- Vintage advertising signs from soap and toilet paper brands.
- Powder room signage.
- Bathhouse advertisements that state the cost of a bath.
- Barbershop or signs denoting shaving services.
- Female and male indication signs from commercial properties.
- “Please wait to be seated” or “Please seat yourself” restaurant signs.
- Bathroom signs in other languages, such as “La Toillette.”
Humorous bathroom signs
Looking to add a little chuckle to your morning routine? A humorous sign is an unexpected — yet delightful — bathroom decor addition. You can purchase a sign or take the DIY approach and make your own. Some smile-worthy phrases and ideas include:
- Changing the toilet paper will not cause brain damage.
- Please remain seated during the entire performance.
- Players with short bats please stand closer to the plate.
- You don’t need to brush all your teeth, just the ones you want to keep.
- “Poop deck” nautical signs.
- Save water — shower together.
- Get naked!
Thoughtful bathroom signs
Add to the Zen of the bathroom environment by adding a sign with a thoughtful saying. In addition to signs, you can paint the words directly on the wall and then use an empty picture frame around it to create a sign look. Some popular options:
- You are the bubbles to my bath.
- Brilliant ideas can happen in the most unlikely places.
- Signs that list bathroom rules.
- “So I can kiss you anytime I want” movie quote.
- Wash your worries away.
- Happiness is a long hot bubble bath.
- A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear.
What other signs do you think would be great in the bathroom? Please share your ideas!